Melbourne Real Estate Agents FAQ’S

How do I apply for a rental property?

To apply for a rental property you are required to first inspect the property to confirm that the property is suitable for you. We offer tenants the ability to apply by downloading the Tenancy Application Form or alternatively online via 1Form.

How long will my application take to process?

In most instances Twin Waters Estate Agents –  Melbourne Real Estate Agents are able to process your application within 48 hours of receiving it.

However, if we are unable to successfully contact your referees, employer etc this process can take longer. We will advise you by telephone of the outcome of your application. We provide this service in Mornington Peninsula, Frankston, Mt Eliza, Mount Martha and Frankston South.

I have been approved for a rental property. What do I do next?

Once you have been approved for a rental property one of our Property Managers will provide you with the Lease Agreement to execute and other tenancy related documents. In order to secure the property, you are required to pay the first month’s rent within 24 hours of being notified of your approval of the property. The first month’s rent will need to be directly credited into the Twin Waters Estate Agents rental trust account. You will be provided with a unique reference number to make this payment via BPAY.

How is the Bond Calculated?

The bond for a property is calculated based upon the weekly rental amount of the property. The amount of bond required for a property is generally equivalent to one calendar months rent and in some cases may be more than this depending upon the property.

How is the calendar month's rent calculated?

The calendar month’s rent is calculated as follows:

Weekly rental amount ($) / 7 days per week X 365 days per year / 12 months

How often are routine inspections conducted?

Routine inspections will be conducted at the end of the first three months of a new lease agreement and every six months after. Tenants will receive an email and letter in the mail notifying them of the Routine Inspection date and time a week before the routine inspection is to be completed.

What happens if I cannot pay my rent?

If for some unforeseen circumstance you cannot pay your rent on time as agreed in the Lease Agreement please contact Twin Waters Estate Agents Melbourne Real Estate Agents immediately to avoid being issued with a Notice to Vacate for unpaid rent.

How many days notice do I have to give to end a tenancy?

Under the Residential Tenancy Act 1997, tenants are required to give a minimum of 28 days notice to vacate a property in Mornington Peninsula, Frankston, Mt Eliza, Mount Martha and Frankston South. In the event a tenant is breaking a lease the tenant is responsible for all marketing costs, letting fees and rent up until the day that a new tenant is to occupy the property. Twin Water Estate Agents Melbourne Real Estate Agents work with tenants and landlords to secure a suitable tenant in a timely manner to minimize any losses.

How is the bond refunded to me?

Once you have moved out of a property and a final inspection has been completed then the amount of the bond to be returned is determined. The bond is directly credited to your bank account or a cheque is provided and sent to your forwarding address.

What is an urgent repair?

There is often confusion around exactly what is an Urgent Repair. The Residential Tenancy Act 1997 distinguishes between urgent and non-urgent repairs. To determine if your maintenance issue is urgent or non-urgent Click Here.